Sunjuwan Update on 11 February 2018
3RD TERRORIST KILLED, OPERATIONS CONTINUE
In the ongoing operations at Sunjuwan Military Camp three terrorists have so far been killed. The third terrorist was also found wearing Army Combat dress and was heavily armed similar to the other two terrorists killed previously. AK-56 Rifles, Under Barrel Grenade Launcher, ammunition and grenades have been recovered from them.
During the sanitising of residential quarters by the Indian Army commando’s. bodies of one more JCO, two Jawans and an elderly man, father of a soldier, have been recovered. all of whom were killed by the terrorists in the initial stage yesterday. So far six fatal causalities have occurred to include two JCOs, three Jawans and one civilian dependent, all residents of J&K . In addition ten people have been injured of which six are women and children, including one pregnant lady.
Army doctors worked through the night to save the life of a severely injured pregnant lady with gun shot wound and through a cesarean section delivered a baby girl. Both the mother and the baby are stable. A 14 year old boy with gunshot wound to the head however remains critical.
The sanitisation and search operations are continuing.
Mortal remains of Sub ( Hony Lt) Madan Lal Choudhary will be transported by road from Satwari to Viil Bakrak, Teh Hiranagar by 10 am. Cremation is likely to take place at 2 pm.
- JC-593987H Sub (Hony Lt) Madan Lal Choudhary, Age – 50 Yrs, Vill – Bakrak, PO – Khan Pur, Teh – Hiranagar, Distt – Kathua, State – J& K, NOK – Mrs Charanjeet (wife).
- JC-594621X Sub Mohd Ashraf Mir, Age – 43 Yrs, Vill – Maidan Pora, PO – Maidan Pora, Teh – Kupwara, Distt – Kupwara, State – J& K, NOK – Mrs Mahfooza Begum (wife).
- Army No – 9099458X Hav Habibullah Qureshi, Age – 38 Yrs, Vill – Batpora, PO – Kupwara, Teh – Kupwara, Distt – Kupwara, State – J& K, NOK – Mrs Hamida Bano (Wife),
- Army No – 9112882 F L Nk Md Iqbal Age – 32 Yrs, Vill – Nigeen Pora, PO – Pinglish, Teh – Tral, Distt – Pulwama, State – J& K, NOK-Mrs Shabnam (Wife).
- Civilian – Shri Md Iqbal (F/O L Nk Md Iqbal), Vill – Nigeen Pora, PO – Pinglish, Teh – Tral, Distt – Pulwama, State – J& K.
- Army No – 9107873W L Nk Manjoor Ahmed Deva Age – 32 Yrs Vill – Kewer, PO – Quazigund, Teh – Doru, Distt – Anantnag, State – J& K, NOK – Mrs Afroza Akhter (Wife).
Sunjuwan Update At 1730 HR 10 FEB 2018
TWO TERRORISTS KILLED OPERATION CONTINUES WITH CAUTION As part of ongoing operations in Sunjuwan, the Army has killed two heavily armed terrorists. The terrorists wearing Army combat dress were carrying AK-56 Assault Rifle, large amount of ammunition and hand grenades. Search of their belongings confirm the terrorists to be from Jaish-e-Mohammed. Operations are in progress with extreme caution and restraint to safeguard the unarmed soldiers, women & children in the houses. Most of over 150 houses in the complex have been cleared and occupants moved to safety. So far, one JCO and one NCO both belonging to J&K have been martyred and nine others, including five women and children, are injured, two of them being critical. Operations will continue till all the terrorist are apprehended or killed.
TERRORISTS ATTACK AT SUNJUWAN ARMY CAMP 10 FEB, 2018
In the early hours today after a brief exchange of fire with the sentry on the periphery, some terrorist entered the family accommodation complex in Sunjuwan military camp The Quick Response Teams have cordoned off the area and isolated the terrorists, who are holed up in a few houses. In operations to evacuate families, so far one JCO has been martyred while six persons including three women and children have suffered injuries. Due to presence of women and children in the housing colony, the operations are being progressed cautiously to minimize casualties.