All Women Batallion And Entry of Women Into NDA On Cards: Manohar Parrikar

Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar 
NationalDefence Bureau,
04 July 2016
FDI IN DEFENCE  WILL MAKE INDIA AN ‘EXPORT HUB’-PARRIKAR
SLOWLY, INDIAN ARMED FORCES WILL SEE LARGER PARTICIPATION OF WOMEN AS CENTRE WAS FOR GENDER PARITY: MANOHAR PARRIKAR
WOMEN TO GET COMMISSIONING AND COMBAT ROLE IN SHIPS, A WOMEN BATTALION  AND  SAINIK SCHOOLS AND NDA TO HAVE WOMEN CANDIDATES SOON.
FICCI LADIES BUSINESS WOMEN  DEMAND MAJOR ROLE IN DEFENCE PROCUREMENTS AND RESEARCH
New Delhi July 4, 2016  The Union Government’s recent decision to notify changes in the Foreign Direct Investment (FDI ) in the defence sector will help country become an Éxport hub’ in the coming years.
“The government has taken a big step in defence sector by permitting 100 Per Cent FDI in Defence sector . This has been done so that India becomes ‘export hub’ over the years as well as self reliant, After recent Boeing –TATA venture for producing fuselage of AH 64 Apache attack Helicopters in India, more foreign investment is in pipeline in thedefence Sector in coming days “ said Manohar Parrikar, Union Minister of Defence while speaking at an Interactive Session ‘Parivartan  in defence Sector, Changing role & Opportunities for woman’  organised by FICCI Ladies Organisation (FLO) here on Monday.
“Allowing of 100 Per cent FDI in defence is just an enabler, major global defence companies will invest when they are sure of orders from India and other countries. Tie up of foreign companies having technology  with major Indian companies including TATA’s and Mahindra are already on and huge Foreign investment is in the pipeline in defence sector  ” Said Parrikar
Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar At FLO
“Recently Government has increased production in its various defence production units as well has decided in principle to allow export of our defence products including  missile systems to ‘certain’ friendly  countries that have friendly relationship with India, marking a new era of arms export for world’s largest arms importer. Similarly various countries have shown keen interest in our defence products.It has tentatively been decided to export 10 per cent of them to countries who were interested, while keeping the remaining 90 per cent for use by India ” said Parrikar.
“As part of Government endeavour to bring gender parity, in the coming years, the armed forces will see larger participation of women especially in the Navy. New Ships are being modified with infrastructure to accommodate women in the Navy.  Recent commissioning of Three women  pilot in Air force is a welcome step and should be considered as breaking psychological barrier.  Any move in the direction of ushering in gender parity has to be a smooth affair and step by step it will be achieved,” added Parrikar .
“An idea of having all women battalion is also mooted and steps are being taken to accomodate women in National Defence Academy (NDA) and Sainik Schools”said Parrikar
“FICCI Ladies Organisation (FLO) welcomes recent steps taken by government to promote the participation of private sector in indigenous defence productions and 100 per cent FDI along with induction of  first female fighters in Indian Airforce paving the way for women to be given more combat roles moving towards gender parity in World’s biggest force” said Vinita  Bimbhet, President, FICCI Ladies Organisation (FLO) while speaking on the occasion.
“ Women entrepreneurs and corporate houses  can play greater role in defence production, research and support and take advantage of new government policy of greater private participation “she added.

“FLO urges Ministry of Defence to give preference to women in the canteen store department procurement . funding at preferential rates to women entrepreneurs who are willing to supply to the forces, Give purchase preference to women vendors in the Public procurement policy, on the lines of the MSME – Any delegation lead by the Raksha Mantri, women entrepreneurs should be made part of it, during big government shows like Aero-India and Def Expo, women should be given booths to display at subsidised rates, Five Per Cent of Technology Development fund should be reserved for women and DRDO should waive off license fee of using the technology by Women “said Bimbhet

Related posts

Leave a Comment

error: Content is protected !!