1) United Nations Designates Maulana Masood Azhar A Global Terrorist. China removes technical hold in 1267 sanctions committee of United Nations Security Council. Prime Minister Modi termed the win as whole of India’s victory.
2) Hindustan Aeronautics Limited has submitted two bids including one with Russian Helicopters for the 111 Naval Utility Helicopters. Indian Navy has received 8 responses including Mahindra, Tata, Reliance, Adani, Bharat Forge and Coimbatore-based Lakshmi Machine Works for 21,738 crores project under Strategic Partnership.
3) Indian Army has lodged a complaint against unidentified miscreants who tried to diminish the image of the Indian Army. Soldiers and their spouses of grenadiers regimental centre in Jabalpur has gone to booth number 146 to cast their votes when some miscreants allegedly made a video falsely claiming canvassing and influencing the voters to vote for BJP.
4) A Balakot hurt Pakistan is to buy Pantsir Missile System, an anti aircraft artillery weapon and surface to air missile, from Russia to defence itself from any future Indian attack.
5) Defense News has reported that US could loose a key weapon for tracking Chinese and Russian Submarines. Pentagon plans to buy 2,04,000 sonoboys but due to investment issues US- UK joint venture ERAPSCO, only supplier to Pentagon would dissolve by 2024.
6) Reports from Pakistan citing DG ISPR Maj Gen Asif Gafoor say that the two Pakistani pilots Squadron Leader Hassan Siddiqui and Wing Commander Nauman Ali Khan, who shot down two Indian war planes on February 27th will be awarded and operation will be code named as ‘Op Swift retort’. India earlier announced to award Wing Commander Abhinandan with Vir Chakra for shooting down Pakistan’s most modern fighter jet F-16 with his vintage MiG-21 Bison in the dog fight.
7) Researchers from Central South University in China’s Hunan province say that they have developed a non- carbon ceramic-metal material that can endure temperatures as high as 3,000 degrees Celsius for use in hypersonic vehicles.
8) Dutch Secret Service MIVD in it’s annual report says that both Chinese and Russian espionage are very worrying. Both countries made several attempts to steal Dutch military technology secrets.
9) Indian Navy says that Extremely Severe Cyclonic Storm Foni is very likely to move North, NorthEastwards and cross Odisha coast between Gopalpur and chandbali, around Puri during 3rd May afternoon with maximum sustained speed wind speed of 170 -180 Km per hour gusting to 200 kmph.
10) SIPRI, The Stockholm International Peace Research Institute in its latest report says that Global spending on defense hit $1.82 trillion in 2018, up 2.6% on the previous year and the highest figure since 1988. US and China accounts for half of the world’s military spending, says the report.
11) For the first time ever, French fighter Jet Rafale operating from French aircraft carrier Charles de Gaulle will fight head to head with India’s MiG-29K fighters operating from INS Vikramaditya during the latest Garud Series of Naval Exercise. Final phase of exercise will culminate at Djibouti where French forces operate a naval base.
12) BBC News has reported that UK Defence Secretary Gavin Williamson sacked over Huawei leak and is replaced by Penny Mordaunt. UK constituted the enquiry on reports over a plan to allow Huawei limited access to help build the UK’s new 5G network. Gavin however denied the leaks.
13) China and Thailand’s naval forces will hold their joint training, code-named Blue Commando-2019.
14) China’s Global Times citing Chinese military experts reported that Indian carrier’s fire likely result of lax military regulation. A fire broke out at the engine room of India’s aircraft carrier Vikramaditya while it was entering harbor in Karnataka’s Karwar on 26th March.
15) 15 security personnel and one driver have been killed in an IED blast by Naxals in Maharashtra’s Gadchiroli district
16) The U.S. Air Force has flown its F-35A variant in combat, using two of the aircraft to take out an ISIS tunnel network and weapons cache in Iraq on April 30.
17) The US Air Force has denied that the crashed Japanese F-35 was found somewhere over the Pacific Ocean. Earlier reports quoting JASDF sources claimed that Japan has found some debris of the crashed aircraft.
18) THE US will unveil a new Indo-Pacific strategy this month to ramp up efforts against China’s attempt to militarise the South China Sea.
19) The Diplomat has reported that Russia has reportedly send dozens of new missiles for S-400 Triumf long-range interceptor-based air defense system to China as a replacement for missiles damaged aboard a Russian cargo ship that got caught in a storm in the English Channel in December 2017.
20) The Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) is working hard to develop a smart anti-airfield weapon for the Indian Air Force and is expected to commission delivery by 2020.